Resources for Workers
Knowledge + Unity = Power!
We have compiled the best resources related to the topics our members are talking about. If you don’t find what you need, just give us a call or stop by and we can point you in the right direction.
- For information on wage theft, discrimination, unemployment, and general worker rights check out the resources available through The Labor Center.
Resources for Immigrant Workers:
- For information on immigrant and refugee rights, check out the guidance available via The National Immigration Law Center.
- For a list of attorneys who specialize in immigration law, check out the list compiled by Iowa Migrant Movement for Justice.
- For information related to the Johnson County Community ID Program or to apply for one, visit the Johnson County website.
Housing and Food Insecurity:
- To see if you qualify for CWJ’s From My Home to Yours Program contact us.
- To learn more about assistance with rent and utility payments, call the Iowa Finance Authority’s Housing Recovery Helpline at 515-348-8813, 855-300-5885, or visit The Iowa Rent and Utility Assistance Program. We are currently helping people complete IFA applications at the CWJ office on Wednesdays from 3:00 to 6:00 P.M.
- If you need information or legal assistance related to tenants’ rights or eviction, reach out to Iowa Legal Aid at 800-532-1275 or visit Iowa Legal Aid.
- For emergency housing assistance or to learn about programs to prevent eviction and foreclosure, contact Shelter House at 319-351-0326.
- For food assistance check out the following resource: